Skip to main content

I DON'T SPEAK


 Interestingly, I believe we all have been blessed with wonderful people with beautiful souls around us. So literally, we're never alone, there's always someone around us at every phase of our life. 

Personally, I'm naturally not the person that would open up about things, or feel like I have a problem and want to share it. Nope. I rarely talk about personal stuffs with people  (not always a good quality tho). I do not like being a subject of discussion anywhere, it feels weird to me. I didn't grow up with the system of telling people how exactly I feel, although, I don't have a valid reason for this, I believe it's just how I grew up. Nevertheless, I'm a sweet, beautiful, smart, lovely, God fearing, jovial, ever smiling young lady. You sef see now 😁😁😎, so you'll not think it's only traits that are somehow that I haveπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚


Don't let us lose focusπŸ˜‰, let's get back on track

I know I've been blessed with the best of people that I believe would always be ready to listen, but your girl won't just say anything. So I've had my fair share psychological, emotional, spiritual, financial up's and down's. 

But reality came saying "Baby girl, you cannot always be like this yunno". There would be that phase where you'll 'compulsorily' have to unbox. The good thing is that reality came with a beautiful heart, listening ear, moving mouth and an expressive mind that believes in the concept of sharing and pouring. So, I'm just taking it one step at a time.

There are some people in this world also that can listen to everyones issues, proffer solutions they deem fit e.t.c but they find it extremely difficult to talk about their struggles to people. For some it could be because they don't want to, or that they have it all under check,  for others, it could be because they just don't know how to. What ever your situation is, don't get too hard on your self. Nevertheless, don't make yourself look overly perfect in the eyes of others. As you are proffering solutions, tell them that you also have your down times, so they don't think they are the only ones with issues.

For people that are trying to gain access to people that are hard to access. Here are few of my suggestions:

1. I have found out that I'm more comfortable talking to someone that is also comfortable talking to me. If you open up about your struggles, I feel more safe and comfortable opening up to you. So for people that are trying to make someone open up, this is one key point😊. You're welcome.

2. Don't be too too inquisitive, let the person naturally open up to you, don't force it, if it's not happening, chill, don't force the person to talk. It makes them feel really uncomfortable.

3. There are times when the person just wants to cry, let them cry, don't bombard them with questions, just lend them your shoulder and 'meeuuuvve'. If the person feels comfortable enough to talk to you, he/she would. Don't force it. Even if you're going to question them, I perceive that a latter time would be the best time, not that moment.

4. If they eventually open up to you, be able to discern if it's solution they need, encouragement or prayers. Some people already have answers to what they are facing, they just need the strength and motivation to do it. Don't do 'oversabi' on somebody's matter. Discern. If you can't discern, ask them how you can help.

5. When someone eventually opens up to you, don't use them as gist topic if they don't give you the permission to do so. If you do and they find out, 'o pari o'

6. Have a positive goodwill. Build a personal brand where you know that people can feel comfortable to talk to you, access you easily and be very much assured that you have their best interests at heart. 

You could share your own suggestions in the comment section below

Thank you.

meeuuuvve: Get on, move.

oversabi: Exhibiting too much 'unneeded' knowledge.

o pari o: it is finished.


Comments

  1. Spot on πŸ‘Œ

    This article addresses multifaceted issues around speaking about matters of concern. 

    My add: 

    Life was never created to exist in isolation, hence, we all need people.

    In the world where we have good people and bad, we really need the good ones who will never take advantage of our weaknesses and will not mock us in our low estate. Do good people still exist? Yes! Definitely! They have to be selectively discerned

    The choice of who to talk to is ours, but we should not allow our "persona" of not talking to someone at all about a costly/deadly matters end us up in  depression.

     Depression and mental issues are taking a deep toll on people today.

    Can share things with everyone and anyone? NO! Definitely Not! 

    We have to be able to selectively discern who has the answers to those question since not all friends are friends indeed and not all "solution providers" have sincere hearts.

    What should one look out for, 

    1. Correct Association
     2. People of Integrity 
    3. People who might have had same fair share of struggles and are willing to help 
    4. Correct mentality 
    5. People with large heart 

    This set of correct people could be parents, mentor, peers, etc.

    The hurt many have processed and kept over the years will not vanish by itself, speaking about it might bring healing! 

    Hard guy Hard guy! don't ask for help when you need it most, it might be too late at that time. 

    There come a time when we all have to "unbox" πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…, whether now or later. 


    Thanks again, more ink to your digital pen 

    😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow
      Thank you for adding this beautiful piece here. It contains very helpful and profound statements. God bless you Reader tdh

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I wouldn't like to add anything to this wonderful piece, I'd like to reiterate some points to note. Let's get the family right... I believe it all starts under this roof. Whether we'll trust others to share our problems with or not, the family is instrumental in this aspect. Nice write TFA, expectant of more witty inventions. Reader-tdh, we're inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the family is really instrumental. It defines a lot. Thank you for the comment Shiji

      Delete
  4. πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯Thank you for sharing this. It's really powerful well done maπŸ™‡‍♂️πŸ™‡‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Thanks for sharing��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful write up sis, Well,f fo me,I have never seen you as an hard person... Thank you for the piece,it's timely dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Nahhh, I'm not hard, I'm a sweet baby girl😚😁

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MEMORIES ☑️

Every phase of our life is short lived but the memories we keep lasts  forever. The great and not so great things we experience are hinged on keeping us in the moment, but a picture, video or journal of that moment serves as an immortal piece of such experiences. For the good, it brings back smiles to our faces and brightens our present state while the bad gives us the assurance that there’s always a light at the end of every situation.  We meet different individuals at different phases in life and the possibility of growing with the same set of people in the friendship space all through the years is very slim. But keeping memories would give one a higher chance of reconnecting. Moving from high school, I had great friends, but all I have left is the mental pictures of that season. All through my junior secondary school, I had no picture or video to remind me of some moments I’d love to relive. I understand that having mobile phones wasn’t prominent for students my age at that time but

A SECTION OF MY 2020

Whew! Its crazy how I predicted how 2020 would be in 2019. I finished my final undergraduate exams Dec 2019 and my project in Feb, 2020. Anyone that asked what my plan was then would get a detailed prospect of my expectations. I expected that I'll rest at home in March 2020, start internship in April 2020 till around August/November 2020, then go for NYSC. I was so sure I had it calculated. I thought i'd just come home and see internship straight away as per I'm a graduate of OAU (awaiting result🀣) and a graduate member of ICAN (awaiting induction🀠). Hot akaraπŸ˜‚. But the wind blew πŸ’¨ 'Rona came and kept us on an indefinite house arrest. Y'all know the story so don't let me bore you with that. We thank God for the victory we have over it.  But, do y'all know how hard it is to make plans without a slight awareness about the future?? Like, in your mind you want to start something but you're not sure because you can't place a time on it, because the he